There’s a Growing Trend in Digital Parenting
There’s a trend we’ve noticed at Hueya. We spend quite a bit of time speaking with people who work directly with families and children: teachers, therapists, school counselors (and the like), and in many of these conversations we hear the same concern:
I don’t know where to turn when asked “How do I keep my kids safe online?”
It’s an interesting problem, and not surprising parents would turn to these trusted members of their child’s life. With the growing footprint of technology in schools, more and more is being asked of teachers and counselors each year.
This leads to a lot of pressure to have answers to parent’s questions.
What happens when the teacher or counselor doesn’t know the answer? Or when technology is moving so quickly that it feels impossible to keep up?
The Gap Between Technology and Online Safety
Truth be told, this trend is a sign of a growing gap between the pace at which technology is developing and public awareness of online safety.
In other words, our technology is seemingly outpacing our knowledge of digital security.
It’s for this reason our CEO, Lewis, started Hueya. He spent almost two decades protecting companies and organizations from online threats, but when he researched the individual market he didn’t like what he found.
There simply wasn’t a company protecting individuals and families from the real problem: what we share and how we share it negatively impacts our online safety.
Consumers need the same protection as companies: tools to secure personal information and help protect them from identity theft, fraud, cyberbullying, and cyberstalking.
Hueya is Filling the Online Safety Gap
When we have these conversations with teachers and school counselors and they tell us about parents with technology questions the first thing we tell them is, “Send parents to us! We can help!”
This isn’t just a marketing ploy, it’s the truth. Our software is built specifically to close the gap between technological development and oversharing. We’ve built tools with your family’s online safety in mind:
- Personal Information: Get your free Hueya Score (online risk) to find out how much personal information you and your family are sharing online.
- Location Data: Location data puts your family’s personal safety at risk. See where your family is sharing location data.
- Social Content: What parents and kids post about can impact online safety. Discover what potentially dangerous words your family is using.
- Social Activity: See how often you post, when you post, and where you post.
- Post Privacy: Discover who can see your Facebook posts and make edits to post privacy.
- Post Engagement: Monitor comments to your posts to ensure they are appropriate.
- Data Loss: Find out if your email address or passwords have been stolen in a data breach.
- Imposters: Monitor social media sites and apps for potential impostors using your data.
- Dark Web: Monitor the dark web for your family’s personal information. Learn more about the dark web.
Start Securing Your Family Online Today
Right now Hueya is offering parents a 30 day risk FREE trial of our suite of safety tools to help secure families online. Click the button below and start securing your family with online safety tools today!